HOW TO ENTER THE SKC CALENDAR CONTEST
Entries must emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org between August 10th and August 31st.
Voting will run from September 1st to September 27th.
Winners will be announced September 30th.
Please provide the following information:
- Owner Name
- Owner Email
- Owner Phone Number
- Dog Name
- Dog Description
- Dog Breed
- Dog Color
- Dog Sex
We have no pre-set specifics for photos to be used. But since many people have lots of time right now we’re expecting a large number of entries. Below is some helpful information for self-assessing your photos prior to submitting.
Things to keep in mind:
- Is the background cluttered and distracting, thus detracting from the dog? (cluttered photos aren't likely to be used)
- Are there deep shadows in the photo (which will not print well) that obscure the dog or essential elements of the background?
- Are there people in the photo? (since the calendar is celebrating the Dogs of Savannah we will not use photos including people or parts of people)
- Is the photo shot at dog level or is the angle disorienting?
- Is the dog the spotlight of the photo? The photo must be more than a beautiful photo that happens to have a dog; it must showcase the dog (and be beautiful, well-composed, etc.).
- Is the photo crisp, clear and clean? Is it a high resolution photo?
- Is there "drama" or "tension" in the composition of the photo? Does the photo tell a mini-story?
If your photos fit well with the above criteria, please submit them! We always enjoy getting photos showing active dogs doing some kind of work/task/play. However, as long as a photo is well-composed and meets the rest of the criteria, it has a chance of being selected, be it an action shot, head shot; a tender quiet occasion, or a moment of fun spontaneity.